Your right to privacy is important to us
KDDI Hong Kong is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with obligations under all relevant legislation in relation to your personal information collected by our web site.
Security of your personal information
The internet is not a secure medium. KDDI Hong Kong carefully protects the security of personal information you provide. Any personal information collected through the web site is stored in password controlled servers with limited access, and protected from loss or misuse, from unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Using your personal information
In some areas of the web site, you may be asked to provide information that will enable KDDI Hong Kong to enhance your visit or follow up with you after your visit. The personal information collected, that will be needed to respond to your site visit and any services you require, may include:
- name and job title
- occupation and company details
- interests in order to provide you with details of the KDDI Hong Kong products and services
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
The personal information you provide will be kept confidential and will only be used to support your relationship with KDDI Hong Kong and its associated companies. KDDI Hong Kong may use your personal information for the following reasons:
- to send information to you which it thinks may be of interest to you;
- to improve its products and services;
- to provide information relating to you or others if you indicate that you want to receive marketing material or similar communications;
- to provide aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help KDDI Hong Kong
develop their web site and services, KDDI Hong Kong may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual;
- to pass your details to accountants, consultants and other professionals, for the purpose of obtaining professional advice and
- complying with KDDI Hong Kong's contractual obligations;
- internal record keeping;
- use the information to customise the web site according to your interests.
If you have supplied contact details, KDDI Hong Kong may contact you by email firstname.lastname@example.org
This information will not be disclosed or sold to any organisation outside our corporate group. However, we reserve the right to disclose your information to the extent, in our reasonable opinion, it is necessary to support or maintain the operation of our web site, to comply with relevant law or as otherwise compelled by legal, governmental or regulatory authorities.
You can choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form, look for the box that you can click to say that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously not objected to KDDI Hong Kong using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you can change your mind at any time by writing an email to:email@example.com
KDDI Hong Kong may also like to provide you with information by e-mail. However, KDDI Hong Kong appreciates that e-mail "spam" has become a problem in recent years. If you are a customer or you have previously asked KDDI Hong Kong for information on its products, KDDI Hong Kong may send you information on its range of products by e-mail, unless you have asked KDDI Hong Kong not to do so.
If the reason you have given KDDI Hong Kong personal information is to receive e-mail information from them, KDDI Hong Kong, will continue to provide this information by e-mail unless you ask them not to do so.
Otherwise, when you provide KDDI Hong Kong with personal information, you will be asked whether or not you are happy for KDDI Hong Kong to send you this kind of information by e-mail.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing e-mails from KDDI Hong Kong, please contact us by email to:
Owing to the global nature of the internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred to countries outside the Hong Kong that do not have similar protections in place regarding your information and its use. KDDI Hong Kong may also transfer details to associated companies some of which are outside the Hong Kong or to third parties for the purposes set out above. KDDI Hong Kong has taken the steps outlined above to try and improve the security of your information. KDDI Hong Kong will ensure that such information is held and handled in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486) of the Laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China where applicable.
Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486) of the Laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China, you may request details of personal information that KDDI Hong Kong holds about you. An official fee will be payable. If you want to make a request, you should write to us at the above email address.
If you believe that any information KDDI Hong Kong holds about you is incorrect or incomplete, you should write to us at KDDI Hong Kong at the above address. Any information that is found to be incorrect will be corrected as soon as possible.
The web site may contain links that make it easy for users to visit other web sites. If the user uses the links to leave the KDDI Hong Kong web site and visit a web site operated by a third party, KDDI Hong Kong does not have any control over that web site. Accordingly, KDDI Hong Kong cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which users have provided while visiting such web sites. Users should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the web site in question.